Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Untitled Poem

Untitled Poem
Written by Anastasia
11/22/14 

I gathered my secrets, locked them in my heart
I hid the key, yet when I met you, my secrets did depart
I didn't know; I couldn't have known you'd come along
I thought you were mine, yet in my heart, you didn't belong

I guess I was too young and stupid and naïve
It's funny how much love blinded me
I thought I couldn't fooled, that I was too strong
Yet it was only now that I realized I had been wrong

I thought I finally found someone who would treat me well
In contrast, you made my life a living hell
You were good at the game; you broke my defense
In your 'loving' company, I lost all common sense

You seemed so beautiful, in your personality and your looks
I thought I had found my happy ending, like it said in the books
I was too desperate and now everything crashed down on me
Truth was, a happy fairy tale ending was something I'd never see

I am broken, I am shattered, I will never be right
I'll always remember - forgetting is a harder fight
I spend my days crying and sobbing into my bed
and leaving the bathroom with my sleeves stained red

2 comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com